What is a Career Guidance?
Career guidance is a comprehensive, developmental program designed to assist individuals in making and implementing informed educational and occupational choices or decisions. Career guidance develops an individual’s competencies in self-knowledge, educational and occupational exploration, and career planning.
Why is Career Guidance important in Vocational-Technical Education?
Career guidance help individuals acquire the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to identify options/choices, explore alternatives and succeed in society. It also better prepare individuals for the changing workplace of the 21st century by:
- building interpersonal effectiveness
- promoting effective job placement
- strengthening employer relations
- teaching labor market changes and complexity of the workplace
- maximizing career opportunities
- improving employment marketability and opportunities
- broadening knowledge, skills, and abilities
- improving decision making skills
- increasing self-esteem and motivation
Options in career counselling and career guidance
- Students & individuals will be able to identify, best career options for them,
- Need to take, Psychometric and career aptitude Test
- Assessment by Certified Career counsellor
- Career Counselling will be recommended, Immediate after 10th & 12th
- Who has already decided the options, But They need guidance and career path
- Not Required DMIT, Psychometric and career aptitude Test
- Only related subject expertise required
- Whenever you need guidance, you can plan accordingly
Benefits of Career Guidance
Everyone benefits–youth and adults, male and female, disabled, disadvantaged, minorities, limited English proficient, incarcerated, dropouts, single parents, displaced homemakers, teachers, administrators, parents and employers.
Where is Career Guidance and counselling offered?
Everywhere–elementary, junior and senior high schools, community colleges, technical institutes, universities, career resource centers, correctional facilities, community-based organizations, human services agencies, community and business organizations, skill clinics, employment and placement services.
What are the Key Components of Successful Career Guidance and Counseling?
- A team approach where certified counselors are central to the program
- Adequate facilities, materials, resources
- Strong professional development activities so counselors can regularly update their professional knowledge and skills
- Different approaches to deliver the program such as outreach, assessment, counseling, curriculum, program and job placement, follow-up, consultation, referral
- A planned sequence of activities and experiences to achieve specific competencies such as self-appraisal, decision making, goal setting, and career planning
- Accountability (outcome oriented) and program improvement (based on results of process/outcome evaluations)
- Qualified leadership
- Effective management needed to support comprehensive career guidance programs
A career counsellor offers invaluable advice and support to help you at each stage of your career. Take advantage of the opportunity to get guidance and mentorship. Approach the process with an open mind to benefit fully.
Contact us now to get acceded.